TAMPA (CBSMiami) — Florida state prices person seen small alteration during the past week pursuing July which was the astir costly period astatine the pump successful 7 years.
The authorities mean of $2.97 per gallon is the aforesaid arsenic past week.
Florida drivers are present paying:
- 4 cents per gallon little than a period ago
- 81 cents per gallon much than a twelvemonth ago
- 43 cents per gallon much than August 1, 2019
- $45 for a afloat 15-gallon vessel of gasoline
“July was the astir costly period astatine the pump since October 2014,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesperson for AAA – The Auto Club Group. “Florida state prices stay elevated owed to tightening planetary supplies, arsenic request recovers from the pandemic. “Florida state prices averaged $2.99 per gallon, successful July 2021. The monthly mean was 89 cents much than what drivers paid successful July 2020, and 35 cents much than July 2019.”
- Most costly metro markets – Panama City ($3.12), West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($3.12), Tallahassee ($3.08)
- Least costly metro markets – Punta Gorda ($2.88), Orlando ($2.91), Jacksonville ($2.91), Tampa Bay ($2.92)
Ways to Save connected Gasoline
- Combine errands to bounds driving time.
- Shop astir for the champion state prices successful your community.
- Consider paying cash. Some retailers complaint other per gallon for customers who pay with a recognition card.
- Remove excess value successful your vehicle.
- Drive conservatively. Aggressive acceleration and speeding reduces substance economy.